I don’t know how many women out there are being terrified by cervical cancer and urge to take the gardasil vaccine. I personally think the vaccine is still at its infancy and before you do anything to yourself, please do research.
I found out these videos from youtube is a must share, please take time to get yourself informed:
and I found this sad video of a young female whose life is ruined by gardasil vaccine:
Before you buy any cosmetic or make-up products be sure to know its compositions & ingredients because some of its ingredients may be harmful to your body. I recently buy some cosmetic products from “make up forever, Paris” but after going home and research I found this article from Fitsugar.com and decide to return these products.
Toxic and harmful things inside cosmetic ingredients label that you might want to avoid:
1. Methyl, Propyl, Butyl and Ethyl Parabens: Used as a preservative to inhibit microbial growth and extend shelf life. Preliminary research found parabens in human breast cancer tumors.
2. Diethanolamine (DEA), Triethanolamine (TEA): Foaming agents that can cause allergic reactions, eye irritation, and dryness of the hair and skin. DEA and TEA are toxic if absorbed into the body over a long period of time, and are associated with cancer in lab animals.
3. Diazolidinyl Urea, Imidazolidinyl Urea: Often used as preservatives, the American Academy of Dermatology has found these chemicals to be a primary cause of contact dermatitis (irritation caused by foreign substance). Both these chemicals release formaldehyde, which can be toxic.
4. Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate: This is a cheap, harsh detergent used in many shampoos for its ability to cleanse and foam. Often derived from petroleum, it causes eye irritation, dry scalp, skin rashes and other allergic reactions. Be on the lookout for pseudo-natural products that list this ingredient with the phrase “comes from coconuts” – it’s still bad for you.
5. Petrolatum: Also known as petroleum jelly, this is a mineral oil derivative that can clog your pores. This in turn disrupts your body’s natural ability to moisturize its own skin, leading to dryness and chapping. Manufacturers use it because it’s really inexpensive. Want to know what else you should avoid? Then read more
6. Propylene Glycol: Ideally this is a vegetable glycerin mixed with grain alcohol, both of which are natural, but it’s usually made from synthetic chemicals. It has been known to cause hives and eczema. Beware of related chemicals labeled PEG and PPG.
7. PVP/VA Copolymer: A petroleum-derived chemical that’s used in hair styling products and some cosmetics. Considered toxic since if inhaled, it can damage the lungs.
8. Stearalkonium Chloride: This toxic chemical was designed by the fabric industry for use as a fabric softener. Companies use it in hair conditioners and lotions because it’s much cheaper than natural conditioning ingredients such as proteins.
9. Synthetic Colors: Labeled as FD&C or D&C and followed by a number, these make products look pretty but can be carcinogenic.
10. Synthetic Fragrances: Labeled simply as “fragrance,” there’s no way to tell what chemicals are actually in the product. People can get headaches, dizziness, rashes, and respiratory problems from them. People may also experience hyper-pigmentation, which means this chemical may cause brown spots to form on your skin.
Yesterday I heard the radio local news stated there are total of 3 reported cases in Bay Area including 1 from San Jose and 2 others in San Mateo county. I checked the online SF gate/ San Francisco Chronicles this morning and see there are total of 11 reported case of swine flu.
Swine flu is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by type A influenza virus and does not normally infect humans, according to federal health authorities. Typically, when people have gotten it, it’s because they came in direct contact with pigs. But this particular strain has been spreading from human to human.
Signs of possible swine flu
*Flulike symptoms, including fever, sore throat, cough, and possibly vomiting and diarrhea.
*Recent travel to Mexico or contact with someone who has been to Mexico recently.
*Recent travel to San Diego or Imperial counties in Southern California, or contact with someone from there.
My co-worker had to call his wife yesterday to pick up their son from local a San Jose school because of the reported case of swine flu near-by. The school already issue a reqiuire shut-down for a week.
It’d be difficult to go anywhere if this get worse just like in Mexico people have to stay at their house, no school or restaurant allow to open. Well I hope it doesn’t get to be that worse but I already went to costco and stock up some canned food just in case… =D
Image from karljaro.blogspot.com
I have already known for a while that soda is bad for health. However, I don’t know exactly what it does to our body as soon as we drink it.
I stumbled on an article that explains the chronological events that happens to your body as soon as you drink soda. The drink that is mentioned here is Coca Cola, but I think all the other soda will also have similar effect.
What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now?
December 8, 2006 by Liz Lewis
Have you ever wondered why Coke comes with a smile? It’s because it gets you high. They took the cocaine out almost a hundred years ago. You know why? It was redundant.
- In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
- 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)
- 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
- 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
- >60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
- >60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.
- >60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.
This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you’re a smoker.) But, hey, have another Coke, it’ll make you feel better.
[tags] coke, effects, pharmacology, soda, caffeine, sugar [/tags]
*FYI: The Coke itself is not the enemy, here. It’s the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid. Things which are found in almost all soda.
After reading all this, it seemed like drinking soda is the same as drinking poison. It does not kill you right away, but it will eventually. I strongly suggest that you think about this article before you reach for a soda, or before you buy one, or before you are thinking to buy one.
Pregnancy is one of the most joyful moments for most women. A lot of women associate pregnancy with buffet style eating for the whole nine months. It’s like living on a cruise ship for nine months. 😛 They use pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever they like, whenever they like and of course with double portions. Don’t people always say that when you are pregnant you are eating for two? Hence, the double portions. The fact is that a pregnant woman only needs an extra 300 calories per day. So, it would be like having a bowl of cereal and a banana. To give you a better idea of how 300 calories look like here are some pictures.
If you think about it, pregnancy is one of the most important time in your life to watch your diet. You would exercise and eat healthy food before summer just so you’ll look good in a bathing suit, why won’t you do the same when you are pregnant? In fact, you should take care of your body even more, since you have a baby growing inside you. Whatever goes into your body will also goes to the baby. Do you want your baby to eat junk food? I don’t think so. You are not only risking your own health when you have unhealthy diet, you are also risking your baby’s health.
Read the rest of this entry »
Before I had kids, I could sleep anytime, anywhere and in any condition. I thought I could even sleep standing up. Unfortunately, it all changed after I had kids. I became such a light sleeper; a little sound and or a little light would wake me up.
For me, light is worse than sound, because with sound I can easily fall back asleep, but with light, I just stay awake. Read the rest of this entry »
Where I grew up, I was used to having handheld bidets in our bathrooms. It is a common bathroom accessory in Asia. However, when I got to the States, I was surprised that people only have toilet paper in the bathroom. How do they clean themselves? When I was still in school I have no other choice but bringing wet tissue everywhere I go. But once I owned my own home, I bought handheld bidets and had my husband install them in our bathrooms. In my opinion, cleaning with streaming water is a lot more hygienic than just cleaning yourself with only toilet paper.
Sleep Disorders is health problem. Do you think putting more hours to sleep could really convince your body that it’s getting enough good rest? Hmm not necessarily,…
How to remedy your sleep disorders? I just found out that good sleep really depends on what time a person go to bed, the earlier the better so here goes the story quoted from Dr. Joe:
Medically, researches have shown that sleeping early has decreased incidence of depression, cardiovascular ds, sleep apnea and among others. In obesity literature, lack of effective sleep is also responsible for higher appetite and increase obesity rate. Other study further indicated that one hour of slept in the early hours is equivalent to two hour of late sleeps. Thus, if you want to be healthy, you can not say that I would hang out until late at night and then slept until late morning. The body can tell a difference and result in poorer health outcomes.
I have worked long and irregular hours during my medical training. My experience and my medical learning convinced me the importance of early to bed and early to rise results in healthier and more productive life.
So now how many of us will switch and start sleeping early, it’s tough when you have babies around or perhaps other responsibilities like graveyard working hours but try to do it whenever possible to get into a healthier lifestyle.
My cousin who’s not long ago become a mom to a baby boy just pass me on this news, well this might be useful especially during cold & flu season like now:
Putting menthol products such as Vicks VapoRub on children to ease their colds may cause breathing problems, according to a report from Wake Forest University.
Dr. Bruce K. Rubin said rather than clearing congestion or easing a cough, it can stimulate mucus production and inflame airways.
“Infants and young children have airways that are much narrower than those of adults, so any increase in mucus or inflammation can narrow them more severely,” he said.
Rubin said that while many people like to use Vicks to treat colds, there is not much data to show that it works. He said it can also cause inflammation in the eyes, mental status changes, lung inflammation, liver damage, constriction of airways and allergic reactions.
After hearing of an infant who had breathing problems after having Vicks put under her nose, Rubin began doing tests in ferrets, which have respiratory systems that mimic infants.
A news release on Rubin’s work noted that the packaging on Vick’s VapoRub already warns against using it on children under the age of 2. And he wants to go further.
“I recommend never putting Vicks in, or under, the nose of anybody — adult or child,” Rubin said. “Some of the ingredients in Vicks, notably the menthol, trick the brain into thinking that it is easier to breathe by triggering a cold sensation, which is processed as indicating more airflow. Vicks may make you feel better, but it can’t help you breathe better.”
Rubin also said that if a child is struggling to breathe, she should be seen by a doctor as quickly as possible. His study appeared in this month’s issue of the journal Chest.