I have to admit that I am not a good cook and I am not trying to be one. Despite my lack of enthusiasm in cooking, I still need to feed healthy food to my family. We all know that chicken breast is the healthiest chicken cut. However, I can never cook chicken breast that tastes good. It is always dry and hard. I tried baking it, frying it and even slow cooking it. Nothing works. Finally, I tried a really easy recipe (I do not remember where I got it from)
Basically the recipe only has two steps:
1. Marinade the chicken breast cutlet with Italian dressing for at least 1 hr (can be longer)
2. Put the chicken on a hot pan, and flip until it is done.
Surprisingly, this Italian chicken taste great, it is moist, juicy and soft and it is bursting with flavor. You can serve it with pasta, rice, potatoes, or anything that your heart desires.
I used to always buy Italian dressing from the store. However, I noticed that I finished the bottle very quickly, since I like to marinade my chicken breast with a lot of dressing. Later on, I found a cheaper way to make Italian dressing from allrecipes.com and the result was just as great as using store bought Italian dressing.
Here is the recipe for Italian dressing mix by Debby from Allrecipes :
* 1 tablespoon garlic salt
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 2 tablespoons dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 1 tablespoon dried parsley
* 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
* 2 tablespoons salt
1. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic salt, onion powder, sugar, oregano, pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, celery salt and regular salt. Store in a tightly sealed container.
2. To prepare dressing, whisk together 1/4 white vinegar, 2/3 cup canola oil, 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons of the dry mix.