If you don’t feel comfortable to go to a beauty salon to get that private part of you wax then you can try to watch this demo and try to do it yourself:
The best wax I find very comfortable is cirepil wax, it’s a wax that doesn’t require linen strip because it will get hard and you can pull out the wax out and dismiss it, without having to cut strip of linen.here’s what I meant:
For the DIY:
1. This how-to video might help (almost the same technique with cirepil wax or non-cirepil/wax+linen):
2. Make sure you work from inside out pulling the hair in the reverse direction of hair growth
3. Make sure you pull the skin tight no bending so it will cause less pain and achieve cleaner and smoother result.
4. Of course you need to prepare all the things yourself, make sure the wax is warm at a correct temperature, prepare the linen/denim strip if it is require, have wooden spatula, have oil, powder and lotion as well as towel and disposable napkins.
5. Make sure you do powdering before wax to have avoid skin irritation.
6. Make sure you don’t take hot shower after waxing for 24 – 48 hours, no sun and no solar.
If you are not a DIY type here’s some tips:
1. Find a clean salon, this is important because sometimes waxing of private area may cause some bleeding (from pulling off the hair or skin is just too thin so abrasive wax can create skin irritation or bleeding)
2. Find a soothing room/waxing environment because you don’t want to be tense, believe me the experience itself is painful and enough tense already so you want to search for a room with a soothing music and ambiance (no bright light) and perhaps choose a lady to assist you (a lady would understand and I suppose will be gentler)
3. Make sure you wash yourself (clean thoroughly the area you’re about to get wax) before coming to the salon or spa place of your choice.
4. Don’t forget you need to have a good hair length so if you want to do this to further prepare yourself you can cut it to be a quarter of an inch long otherwise the esthetician can do this for you as well.
5. Relax your self.
6. don’t take hot shower after waxing for at least 24 – 48 hours and don’t do sun bathing and solar right after waxing.
You can make the wax yourself too if you preferred all you need is sugar, water and lemon juice.
With the sugar wax based it will have less skin irritation because it’s gentler for the skin. Try to watch this waxing video for those of you like to do sugaring wax technique.
need to know the kind of brazilian shapes available? check my previous post:
The Many Shapes of Brazilian Wax
sometimes the one that’s all clean without leaving any hair called hollywood wax, and brazililian wax often leave a strip or some kind of other shape over that lower area. source.